Playthrough 2020 Cosplay Showcase
It’s Cosplay time! Dress up as your favorite characters and strut your stuff for your chance to win over $500 in cash & prizes!
This is a main stage event costume contest happening on Saturday, March 30th with two main divisions.
The Runway division is not pre-judged and is open to anyone in bought or made costumes.
The Craftsmanship division is pre-judged and is open to anyone who has made their costume themselves.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
Best in Show
Best Uncertified Individual
Best Junior / Youth (Under 16 Years Old)
What to expect at the contest:
When you first arrive at the show, there will be COSPLAY AREA at BOOTH #213. This is where all questions regarding the competition can be answered, and where you will need to go to sign up and/or check in. Those competing in the Craftsmanship division will be pre-judged at the table.
Who can enter?
All attendees of the event can participate! Participants can enter as individuals or in groups (up to 10 per group).
How do I sign up for the contest?
There are two ways to register for the competition:
Register Online. This is the most preferred method.
You will receive an email confirmation within a few days containing additional information.
Register at the event. Participants will be able to sign up for the contest at the COSPLAY BOOTH #213. Fill out and return the one of the entry forms to the registration table. You will be given a contestant # and further information.
Cosplay Showcase Rules and Regulations:
1. Contestants are only permitted to enter one costume per person. There are no separate entries from the same person.
2. All costumes must have source material. Costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
3. NO PETS! Pets are not cosplay props. Anyone who enters the contest with a pet will be immediately disqualified.
4. All contestants must fill out an entry form in their division (Runway or Craftsmanship). The form can be filled out online until the deadline of March 23rd, 2019 at 11:59pm or at the show at the Cosplay Booth. The amount of contestants is subject to a cap, so please register early!
5. THE RERUN RULE: If you have won a major award for a costume at a previous major event, you may NOT enter the costume again. Minor changes to a costume do not constitute a new costume. We want to inspire new and creative costumes!
6. No Nudity. All costumes must be PG-13, PG, or G. We will have attendees of all ages coming to see this contest on the main stage.
7. We have zero tolerance for harassment in any form. This includes but is not limited to trash talk, sabotage, and/or being a poor sportsmen. Being found doing any of these things will immediately disqualify you from the competition.
8. No harmful or potentially harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: live steel, water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, and any other substance that can be fired, launched, or dripped.
9. Props may be used for posing during the cosplay contest but are prohibited from being waved around, thrown, or otherwise quickly moved. Projectiles of any sort are strictly prohibited.
10. If participants are seen using a prop inappropriately (play fighting, waving it around, etc), they will be automatically disqualified and might potentially be removed from the con.
Craftsmanship Division Rules and Regulations:
▪ 75% of a costume must be made by the costumer, with the exception being wigs, belts, shoes, and notions. Contestants will be divided into three categories according to skill level: novice, journeyman, and master.
▪ Contestants who have competed and won a Best of category award at another major competition may not enter in the Novice category.
▪ Contestants who have won more than three major awards at other competitions may not enter in the Novice category.
▪A contestant who has competed and won in the Masters category or three major awards in the Journeyman category at another major competition in the past may not enter in the Journeyman division.
▪Minor awards may be counted towards placement at the discretion of the costumer.